The Union of Maine Visual Artists (UMVA) is dedicated to upholding the dignity of artists, while creating positive social change through the arts. The UMVA represents visual artists statewide in all fields of endeavor and of all political persuasions. We also welcome those who are not artists themselves, but support contemporary artists in Maine. By collaborating with other cultural and political organizations, we raise awareness for significant issues while promoting an inclusive arts community in Maine.
We are grassroots and we are active. We fear no art.
Benefits of Joining the UMVA:
- Receive this newsletter! (expanding soon to include interactive blog, etc.)
- Have the eye/ear of artists statewide by contributing to the newsletter.
- Free image posting and statement on web site with link to your own site
- Opportunities to submit to exhibitions — both online and brick and mortar
- Be able to design projects, exhibitions, write grants, etc. through the UMVA’s Non-profit 501(c)3 status and fiscal sponsorship
- Opportunities to collaborate with other artists
- Have support of an organization with a strong Maine voice when needed
- One free ad every 3 months in the newsletter
- Discounts on art supplies and framing (and in the near future more discounts planned to arts-related businesses)
- Your idea here! (the UMVA has always been about people taking ideas and running with them – garnering amazing support – many examples of this are discussed by contributors in this newsletter)