\n\nWork for the Keen Observation Open Call Show at Waterfall Arts must be submitted Tuesday March 29 through Friday April 1st from 10 to 5. Artists of all ages and disciplines are encouraged to bring one work in any medium, for sale in two or three dimensions, generic cialis overall size not to exceed 60 inches by 60 inches. Work must be properly framed for hanging or placement in a gallery setting and may be for sale. The theme of Keen Observation reflects Waterfalls’ yearlong focus of the interaction of art and science. Keen Observation can be defined as the close examination and investigation of a subject, natural object, phenomenon or process. Multiples of slight variation, close up studies, repetition of patterns in nature, dissection, biological studies, and intense scrutiny of a subject are just some of the approaches one might take. The Keen Observation exhibit opens on Friday, April 8 with a reception from 5 to 8 pm and runs through May 17. The show is sponsored by Viking Lumber and yearlong sponsor Revision Energy. Waterfall Arts encourages patronage of these generous, community minded businesses.\n\nSince 2000, Waterfall Arts has served as the midcoast’s non-profit community art center. 2016 marks its tenth year in Belfast offering innovative classes, open studios, workshops, exhibitions, studio rentals, and cultural events. Waterfall Arts is located at 256 High Street in Belfast. For more information, stop by, visit waterfall arts.org or call 207-338-2222.
- Portland’s Self-Proclaimed Digi... — Portland Maine – Ann Tracy opens her Installation Art Exhibit entitled Visual Poetics of a War on Women with a reception on Monday, July 17th from 5 to 7 pm at Running with Scissors, 250 Anderson St., Portland, Maine. This interactive exhibit includes fabric, objects and video in response to the political situation of the [...]
- Untitled — The Portland Chapter of the Union of Maine Visual Artists is pleased to announce the UMVA Members’ Summer Show at the UMVA Gallery. The Opening of the exhibit is July 7th (5-8 p.m.) during Portland’s First Friday ArtWalk. The show will run through July 27th. The Gallery is located at CTN (Community Television Network), [...]
- Maine Jewish Museum — Before the Flood – Anita Clearfield: Anita Clearfield creates figurative abstractions, combining paint, video and found objects. In Before the Flood, Clearfield’s paintings and video installations reflect on the end of times: Biblical, climate change, and personal mortality. Her works mirror the disconnection for many people between one’s mundane life and Big Picture events. Her [...]
- Book Launch, Talk and Signing — Ellsworth Courthouse Gallery Fine Art is pleased host the launch of Philip Barter: Forever Maine by Carl Little, a new book published by Marshall Wilkes on the work and career of painter Philip Barter. The launch will be held at the gallery on Wednesday, July 12 from 4:00–7pm, in conjunction with a solo exhibition of Barter’s recent work, which runs through July 20. The book launch consist of a [...]
- Solo Exhibition of Malley Weber’s Cer... — HALLOWELL, MAINE — The Harlow Gallery presents a solo exhibition of ceramic works by artist Malley Weber on view July 28-September 2, 2017 with an opening reception on Friday, July 28 from 5-7pm. Exhibitions are always free and open to the public. Harlow Gallery is located at 160 Water Street and hours are Wednesday–Saturday 12-6pm. [...]