\n\nDraft & Draw at Waterfall Arts is back on Saturday, pills rx January 30th from 7 to 9 pm. This will be a fun night of drawing or painting a costumed model and creative camaraderie with old friends and new faces. This episode of figure-drawing and drinks features a seventies theme brought to life by performance artist Bridget Matros as her notorious alter-ego, discount cialis cialis Starr.\n\nDraft and Draw is similar to typical figure drawing sessions in that the model takes short poses followed by longer ones. Unlike typical figure drawing sessions, remedy chit-chat, moving about, and laughing are all acceptable. It’s a life drawing event that many find entertaining and relaxing.\n\nEasels, drawing benches and inspiration are provided; bring your own drawing or painting materials (no turpentine please). The cost for the two hour event is $10 at the door; beer and wine are available by donation. The event starts at 7pm sharp and goes until 9.\n\nSince 2000, Waterfall Arts has served as the midcoast area’s non-profit community art center. 2016 marks its tenth year in Belfast; offering innovative classes, open studios, workshops, exhibitions, studio rentals, and cultural events. The organization is supported by yearlong business sponsor, Revision Energy, individual donations and charitable foundations. Waterfall Arts is located at 256 High Street in Belfast. For more information, visit waterfall arts.org or call 207-338-2222.
- Book Launch, Talk and Signing — Ellsworth Courthouse Gallery Fine Art is pleased host the launch of Philip Barter: Forever Maine by Carl Little, a new book published by Marshall Wilkes on the work and career of painter Philip Barter. The launch will be held at the gallery on Wednesday, July 12 from 4:00–7pm, in conjunction with a solo exhibition of Barter’s recent work, which runs through July 20. The book launch consist of a [...]
- 2017 Monhegan Artists’ Residency Awar... — MONHEGAN—The Monhegan Artists’ Residency Corporation has announced their choice of three Maine artists for the 2017 summer residency program on Monhegan Island: Meg Hahn and Mia Snow, who are both painters and recent graduates of the Maine College of Art, and Cory Bucknam, a Gifted and Talented Art Teacher at Brunswick Junior High School who [...]
- University of Maine at Farmington Ar... — The University of Maine at Farmington invites emerging artists to submit artwork for the Spring 2018 Art on Campus series. UMF seeks 2D and 3D artworks that explore and engage with contemporary issues and ideas. Work will be displayed throughout the university’s campus. Selected artists will be invited to present an artist talk to the [...]
- Engine features embroidery as two dim... — Engine’s upcoming opening on June 30 Current Events features work by Harpswell artist Cynthia Davis. Included in the exhibiton will be Body Electric, Winthrop artist Sally Wagley’s embroidery on fabric. Both artists use embroidery in non-traditional ways, with Davis stitching fabric onto paper with underlying drawings and Wagley using embroidery to create drawings of the [...]
- POW! A Juried Art Show — HALLOWELL, MAINE — The Harlow Gallery invites artists working in the comic book industry and artists inspired by comic book art and themes to submit work to be considered for POW!, a juried art show on view September 8 through October 21, 2017 . The deadline for email submissions is August 1, 2017 by 11pm. [...]